Note for current CPSII’s looking for renewal: You do not need to take the full-day in-person Ethics course. You may take ethics courses from other, related fields to meet the 3 hour renewal requirement. You may find some online options here, with the “Setting Clear and Ethical Boundaries Part 1”, “HIPAA: Setting Ethical Client Boundaries Part 1”, and “How to Ethically Set Client Confidentiality Boundaries Part 1” offering good options.
Everyone seeking to get their CPSII certification for the first time are required to take the full 6 hour Ethics course, in addition to Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training.
December 12, 2019 – Denver, CO
Media Guidebook for Community Awareness
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM MDT, Thursday, December 12, 2019
Purpose: To review and discuss usage of the Media Guidebook for Community Awareness: An introduction to planning, using and measuring strategic communication (developed and funded by the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health) and to learn basic media communications strategies.
- Increase knowledge on introductory communications strategies, tactics and tools
- Understand how to evaluate what types of communications will best reach desired target audiences
- Increase knowledge on how you can measure communications success
- Apply knowledge of communications strategies
February 13, 2020 – Durango, CO
12:30 PM – 4:00 PM MST Thu, February 13, 2020
The goal of this training is to increase effective facilitation of community and/or organizational meetings to help your group consistently meet its goals.
- Increase skills related to meeting facilitation
- Increase understanding to design successful meetings
- Grow confidence for facilitating effective meetings
Training topics we offer:
- Ethics in Prevention
- Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST)
- Prevention 101
- Facilitation 101
- Facilitation 202
- Sustainability (coming soon!)
- Choosing Evidenced-Based Strategies
- Environmental Prevention Strategies
- Adolescent Brain Development
- Trauma Informed Practices
- Media Guidebook for Community Awareness
Additional trainings will be scheduled! Stay tuned!